Marriage Licenses, Ceremonies, & Certificates

← Back to Departments Overview

The Mansion at Crawford Park will be closed for renovation starting February 2018. Please be advised that portions of the grounds may have construction materials and safety fencing. Crawford Park's grounds and its newly renovated pavilion, playground, and sensory garden will remain open. Visitors are welcome!

Please contact the Supervisors Office for options to utilize the grassy areas at the park for your events! 

          For Reservations
Please Contact:

Town of Rye Supervisors Office,
222 Grace Church St.
Port Chester NY 10573

Brenda Valentine
Phone: (914) 939-3006
Fax: (914) 939-1465

Office Hours: 8:30am - 4:00pm                                         


The Assessment Office does not prepare deeds.  You need to retain an attorney to have a deed prepared or modified.  We cannot change, add or delete an owner's name from our records unless there is a recorded deed evidencing that change.

As a service to the taxpayers, the Town has made a diligent attempt to maintain and preserve deeds, some of which date back to the 1600’s.

Copies of deeds may be available and can be provided to the owner of the property ONLY for a fee of $.25 per page.  Please note that we may or may not have some of the older historic deeds.

For all others, copies of deeds may be obtained through:

Westchester County Clerk's Office
Land Records Division
110 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
White Plains, NY 10601

(914) 995-3080

The County Clerk's website indicates:

To search for a land document, visit Westchester Records Online to determine whether the document you are searching for is recorded in the Office of the Westchester County Clerk.  If the document is recorded in our office and you wish to obtain a copy of it, you can pay a daily user fee to view it online, visit our office, or request a copy of the document  by mail.

2018 Off Season Event Calendar

Marriage License:

A couple who intends to be married in New York State must apply in person for a marriage license to any town or city clerk in the state. Couples can obtain their marriage license in this office. No appointment is necessary.  The application for a license must be signed by both applicants in the presence of the Town Clerk. The marriage license will be issued immediately upon application. The couple must fulfill all requirements by New York State which will be listed below.

The requirements to obtain a marriage license in the Town of Rye are as follows:

  • Both parties must provide an original or certified copy of their birth certificate. A baptismal record or naturalization record may be used in place of a birth certificate if it shows full name, date of birth and place of birth. Documents in Spanish do not have to be translated, although it would be helpful. Documents in any other language must be translated.
  • Both parties must also provide a valid photo ID. This may include a driver's license, passport or government-issued identification card.
  • If either were previously married, a certified copy of the Decree of Divorce, a Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage, or a death certificate must be presented.
  • The fee for the marriage license is $40.00. We accept cash, check or money order made out to "Town of Rye".

Once the license is issued, you must wait 24 hours to get married, but the license is valid for 60 days from the date issued. With this license you are authorized to be married anywhere in the State of New York.

The application for a marriage license in English can be found here. For Spanish click here.

Marriage Ceremony:

In New York State it is required to have one witness, although there is space for two witnesses to sign. To get married in the Town of Rye you must call to make an appointment. A list of Marriage Officiants is available upon request.

Marriage Certificates & Copies:

After the ceremony the couple will receive one Certificate of Marriage Registration, one Certified Transcript of Marriage and one certified copy of the completed Marriage License (The original is sent to New York State Department of Health). Extra copies of the Certified Transcript or Marriage License will have to be requested either in person or by mail. The records will always be held where the original license was obtained. To request extra copies, a copy of a valid photo ID of either spouse must be presented and each copy costs $10.00 in cash, check or money order made out to "Town of Rye". It must be filled out completely in order to receive the copies.

Marriage Record Corrections:

If in any case an error is found on the marriage license or certificate the couple may request to have it corrected. The document required for correction of name, date of birth, place of birth and parent shown on the marriage record must be an original birth certificate or certified copy of one. The document required for correction to change date of marriage and/or place of marriage must be a letter from the officiant or a certified copy of the officiant's record or, for a religious ceremony, a Church Certificate with a Seal. The Affidavit for Correction of Marriage Record can be found here.

If you have any more questions, please contact the Town Clerk at (914) 939-3570.

Pavilion Rental Fees:

  • $250.00 Security Deposit (Refundable 2-4 weeks after event, pending no damage to the property)
  • $400.00 for (5) hours
  • $80.00 per additional hour
  • $75.00 for kitchen use,  ice machine can be used for $25.00

If you are a non-profit organization, please ask about the fee rates!

Field Usage Fee: (Soccer Field, Ball Field)

  • 30.00 per hour

Use of Tents

  • $200.00
  • Insurance certificate required
  • 20x20 or larger is acceptable


  • Public Bathrooms are on premise, and are available to use for your event
  • Garbage bins are provided, but renter is responsible for all set up and clean up
  • All vendors (caterers, performers, equipment suppliers, food trucks, etc.) are required to submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI)
  • If you plan to serve any form of alcohol, you must obtain an alcohol permit and insurance

Curbside Recycling Rules

Villages in the Town of Rye have “dual-stream recycling.” This means paper waste (paper, magazines, newspapers, boxes, etc.) must be placed separate from commingled waste (hard plastic containers, metal cans and foil, glass, and cartons). 

Click here to view and download recycling guides in English and Spanish:

Guide to Curbside Recycling 

Guia al Reciclaje al Borde de la Calle – Espanol

Plastic dos and don’ts -- > Westchester County

How Do I Recycle?

Disposing of some items is tricky. Batteries, printer cartridges, plastic bags, CFL light bulbs, etc., can all be recycled or disposed of safely when you know ho! 

Refer to these resources for answers to all your recycling questions:

1) The Westchester County 

3) The Rye Sustainability Committee 

4) Bedford 2020 - “Recyclopedia”