The Beach will be Open to visitors in September
Weekdays (Mondays - Fridays):
The BEACH will be accessible, with nO aDMISSION FEE.
Lifeguards wILL NOT be on duty & Swimming is prohibited.
weekends (Saturday & Sundays):
The BEACH will be OPEN on Weekends through September 27th.
Regular Admission fees wILL BE collected.
The park and parking areas will remain OPEN and parking fees collected throughout september.
NEW BEACH RULES ADOPTED JUNE 16, 2020
In an effort to maintain the safety and enjoyment of visitors, the Rye Town Park Commission has enacted new beach rules for the 2020 season. These rules include:
- Children under 16 years of age must at all times be accompanied by an adult 25 years or older. Each chaperone may take responsibility for a maximum of four children
- All day pass visitors may be required to show proof
NEW BEACH RULES - as adopted by the Rye Town Park Commission June 16, 2020
- Children under 16 years of age must at all times be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their behavior while at the facility. Chaperones must be at least 25 years. Each chaperone may take responsibility for a maximum of four children. Chaperone registration form.
- All day pass visitors may be required to show proof of age
- Beach and parking passes are not refundable
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at the water's edge
- Glassware and bottles are not permitted on the beach
- No Alcohol may be brought on the beach. All coolers, backpacks, and tote bags are subject to inspection by park staff
- Dogs and other pets (not including service animals) are not permitted on the beach
- Loud radios are not permitted - any radio that can be heard from more than a 50ft radius shall constitute a loud radio
- Spear or Line fishing is not permitted on the beach
- The jetty and rocks are off limits to all visitors
- Ball and Frisbee playing are permitted at the discretion of the waterfront staff and only in designated areas marked by flags against the rear wall between the First-Aid office and the middle ramp
- No small craft is permitted within the swim areas and must remain a safe distance from all safety lines; jet skis must remain a distance of 500ft from the safety lines
- Children with flotation devices must remain in shallow water, and those under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Nude bathing is not permitted at this facility, nor is any patron to act lewdly or in a lascivious manner or wear a bathing suit that may offend public decency
- Patrons may not fly kites on the beach
- No diving is permitted at this facility
- No smoking on the beach
D O G P O L I C Y:
- Dogs are allowed off-leash, with a permit from the City of Rye only between the hours of 6:00am - 9:00am, on the North End Hill
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times throughout the park
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach/sand at any time
PERMIT SALES ARE FINAL AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON
The permit office and permit portal are now closed for the season.
Note: OWS permits will continue to be available online until further notice.
2020 Parking & Beach Fees