Health and safety are the highest priorities for the Town of Rye and the Rye Town Park Commission during this pandemic and Summer Season
ADVISORY FOR JULY 4TH WEEKEND
RYE TOWN PARK & BEACH OPEN TO PERMIT HOLDERS & RESIDENTS ONLY
(City of Rye, Rye Neck, Village of Port Chester and Village of Rye Brook)
PORT CHESTER, NEW YORK -- Rye Town Park and Beach will be open only to season permit holders and residents of Rye Town ( Port Chester, Rye Brook and Rye Neck) and Rye City on July 4th Weekend (Friday, July 3 - Sunday, July 5, 2020). Season passes are still available for purchase.
Proof of residency will be required before entering the parking lot and the beach. Acceptable forms of identification include: a 2020 Season Permit, a NYS State-Issued photo I.D. (or other form of official photo I.D.) and a current utility bill.
Health and safety are the highest priorities for the Rye Town Park Commission during this pandemic, and precautions have been put in place for the 2020 season. Occupancy of the beach will be closely monitored and strictly limited. Park restrooms are limited to two people at a time, and are cleaned and sanitized every two hours. Park rangers and attendants are all equipped with PPE and will remind visitors to wear masks and practice social distancing.
NEW BEACH RULES ADOPTED JUNE 16, 2020
In an effort to maintain the safety and enjoyment of visitors, the Rye Town Park Commission has enacted new beach rules for the 2020 season. These rules include:
- Children under 16 years of age must at all times be accompanied by an adult 25 years or older. Each chaperone may take responsibility for a maximum of four children
- All day pass visitors may be required to show proof
Passes and Parking:
Reduced-rate Resident Beach Day passes can only be purchased at the beach gates by credit card only. CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Full price parking and day passes can be purchased online through MPay2Park or onsite at one of the park’s three kiosks.
The North Gate is now open every weekend on the following limited schedule: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays from 9:00am to 12noon.
Permits can still be purchased using our online portal, https://permit.ryetownpark.com or at the permit office. The Park’s Season Permit office is open Wednesday through Sunday, from 9:00AM - 3:00 PM. PERMIT SALES ARE FINAL AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON.
Parking and Beach rate schedule available online: https://www.townofryeny.com/requirement/rye-town-park-oakland-beach-permits-and-fees
For more information, please visit: https://www.townofryeny.com/rye-town-park-and-beach
- ### -
PLEASE BE ADVISED
Parking Lot Policy Revisions for the 2020 Season
On holidays and weekends admission to the parking lot is designated to residents and ALL permit holders only until 12:00 noon. Weekends include all day Friday. All guests are welcome from noon on.
Parking and Day Passes can be purchased online through the MPay2Park App or at one of the 3 kiosks at the park. Be advised that the resident discount can only be obtained at the beach gates.
On weekdays, Mondays through Thursdays, all visitors are welcome all day.
We are pleased to announce that beginning Friday June 26, 2020 - North Gate Access to the beach will be OPEN with the following schedule:
Friday: 9:00 am to 12 Noon
Saturday: 9:00 am to 12 Noon
Sunday: 9:00 am to 12 Noon
This schedule will remain in effect until Sunday September 6, 2020 & is weather dependent. Please be reminded: NO CASH ACCEPTED at Beach Entrance Booths. Cards and Permits Only.
NEW BEACH RULES - as adopted by the Rye Town Park Commission June 16, 2020
- Children under 16 years of age must at all times be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their behavior while at the facility. Chaperones must be at least 25 years. Each chaperone may take responsibility for a maximum of four children. Chaperone registration form.
- All day pass visitors may be required to show proof of age
- Beach and parking passes are not refundable
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at the water's edge
- Glassware and bottles are not permitted on the beach
- No Alcohol may be brought on the beach. All coolers, backpacks, and tote bags are subject to inspection by park staff
- Dogs and other pets (not including service animals) are not permitted on the beach
- Loud radios are not permitted - any radio that can be heard from more than a 50ft radius shall constitute a loud radio
- Spear or Line fishing is not permitted on the beach
- The jetty and rocks are off limits to all visitors
- Ball and Frisbee playing are permitted at the discretion of the waterfront staff and only in designated areas marked by flags against the rear wall between the First-Aid office and the middle ramp
- No small craft is permitted within the swim areas and must remain a safe distance from all safety lines; jet skis must remain a distance of 500ft from the safety lines
- Children with flotation devices must remain in shallow water, and those under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Nude bathing is not permitted at this facility, nor is any patron to act lewdly or in a lascivious manner or wear a bathing suit that may offend public decency
- Patrons may not fly kites on the beach
- No diving is permitted at this facility
- No smoking on the beach
D O G P O L I C Y:
- Dogs are allowed off-leash, with a permit from the City of Rye only between the hours of 6:00am - 9:00am, on the North End Hill
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times throughout the park
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach/sand at any time
Please be advised of these additional policies:
- Day passes for Beach and Parking are not refundable
- Lifeguards are on duty and swimming is allowed in the designated area
- The beach is open 9:00am to 6:00pm
- All 2020 Season Programs are on hold until further notice
- All pavilion rentals are on hold until further notice
P E R M I T I N F O R M A T I O N
The permit portal is now open for the 2020 season!
- Lifetime Permits MUST be applied for at the permit office and cannot be completed on the permit portal
- We encourage all permit sales to be submitted through the Online Permit Portal
- Chaperone Registration Form
- Purchasing a season permit does not guarantee a parking space; but permit holders receive preference
- Acceptable forms of Proof of Residency: State Issued I.D. or other form of official I.D., Utility Bill, 2019 season permit
PERMIT SALES ARE FINAL AND ARE NON-REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON
P E R M I T O F F I C E H O U R S
- 9:00am - 3:00pm Wednesdays through Sundays
- Permit Portal is open 24/7
To ensure your safety and the safety of staff, the following procedures will be followed:
- All staff will be wearing a face mask
- There will be a clear barrier between staff and people buying permits
- People will be kept 6ft apart when waiting to buy a permit under the pavilions and will be called using a number system
- All people buying a permit MUST wear a face mask
2020 Parking & Beach Fees