IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT APPLYING/RENEWING FOR TAX EXEMPTIONS
Due to Public Health and Safety concerns, the Town of Rye Offices are closed to the public until further notice except by appointment only. Currently, tax payments and exemption applications/renewals will NOT be accepted in person at the Town Offices.
Deadline to apply or renew is May 1, 2020. Currently, that is still the deadline. If that should change, this website will be updated.
Because of the current circumstances we encourage you to apply/renew your exemptions as early as possible.
For NEW and RENEWAL Exemption Applications (particularly for Senior Citizens/Aged All), please submit your signed and dated application and supporting documentation (specified in the exemption application) by:
- EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org
- REGULAR POSTAL MAIL to the Assessors Office address below. Envelopes must have an official United States postmark by no later than May 1, 2020. Postage meter (i.e. Pitney Bowes) and foreign postmarks will not be accepted. If you would like confirmation of your submission (highly recommended), and any original documents returned to you, please include a stamped self-addressed envelope.
MAILING ADDRESS: Town of Rye
222 Grace Church Street, 3rd Floor
Port Chester, New York 10573
- A drop box is available next to the Security Guard in the lobby of 222 Grace Church Street. If documents are dropped off, the Security Guard will notify the Town Clerk's Office and someone will come down immediately to retrieve them.
- A secure locked metal drop box is scheduled to be installed outside the building shortly. This website will be updated when it is available.
- You may cross our your social security number on any of the documents you are submitting.
- To download an application and find more information about what exemptions you may be entitled to, please visit our webpage
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
The staff can be contacted as follows:
- Rocio Gonzalez: (914) 417-5204
- Maria Rappoccio: (914)-417-5105
- Sanija (or "Sonia") Vulic: 914-417-5314