Rye Town Park and Beach located at 95 Dearborn Avenue in Rye, NY seeks a Seasonal handyman.
The following are responsibilities and requirements:
- Performs general maintenance and simple mechanical repair, such as replacing window panes, repairing benches, hanging doors, etc.;
- Repair equipment as needed
- Assist with maintenance of the park including painting and cleaning.
- Perform routine landscaping on the grounds
- Performs simple carpentry, such as installing and repairing cabinets and shelving, fixing sign posts and lifeguard chairs.
- Routine electrical and plumbing repairs such as replacing flushometers and fixing minor leaks
- Take on new projects as assigned by Head of Maintenance
- Must pass New York State Background Check
- Must pass evaluation of knowledge and skill by Head of Maintenance
- Proven experience as a handyman
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Good understanding and knowledge of carpentry
- Related certifications/licenses (preferred)
City of Rye or Town of Rye residency a plus, Spanish speaking also a plus.
Contact Information: Please contact Park Director, Laurence Vargas at (347) 881-8243 for more information.
You may also send your Resume or letter of interest via Email - ParkDirector@Townofryeny.com