Responsibilities include but not limited to: ensuring that all functions at the Park go smoothly without any complications. Setup and break-down of tables and chairs; pickup of garbage; maintaining order at all functions and ensuring the all facilities at the Park are cleaned and ready to go for the next day.
Facility areas include: Indoor mansion and outdoor pavilion as well as ball field, children’s playground and other outdoor sports fields.
The candidate must be a “team player” and be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as requested. Able to lift up to 25 lbs. and should be physically able to multitask handling more than one function at a time. Able to understand and speak basic Spanish would be helpful, but not required.
• Must work well with others
• Must be able to interact with the public
• Availability on nights, weekends, and holidays
• Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Physically able to work long hours when required
• Must be 21 years or older
• Park Attendants must arrive at least two hours before start of scheduled event or as required by Town Administration. Must be able to understand Basic English to read an event contract for function details.
• Before every event, make sure all facilities are clean and ready. This may include but not limited to sweeping, moping, garbage removal, etc.
• Perform routine cleaning and labor tasks
• Set up tables and chairs as per function contract specifications
• Place parking signs and safety parking cones as required
• Go over all aspects of the contract with guests to ensure a smooth event
• Maintain safety, order, and cleanliness
• Make sure the Park is secured and functioning normally
• Continually pick up trash around mansion, pavilion, ball field and other field areas of the Park
• Must not leave premises during working hours as assigned by the Town Administration
• Do a thorough sweep and mop after each event so that the park’s facility is clean and ready for the next event.
• Assist in the supervision of events in which alcohol is served to maintain a safe environment for guests and staff
For more information, or to apply for this position please Email Brenda Valentine: BValentine@Townofryeny.com