Responsibilities include but not limited to: ensuring that all functions at the Park go smoothly without any complications. Setup and break-down of tables and chairs; pickup of garbage; maintaining order at all functions and ensuring the all facilities at the Park are cleaned and ready to go for the next day.
Facility areas include: Indoor mansion and outdoor pavilion as well as ball field, children’s playground and other outdoor sports fields.
The candidate must be a “team player." Should be physically able to multitask handling more than one function at a time. Able to understand and speak basic Spanish would be helpful, but not required.
Core Competencies and Requirements:
• Must work well with others
• Must be able to interact with the public
• Availability on nights, weekends, and holidays
• Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Physically able to work long hours when required
• Must be 18 years or older
Examples of Work:
- Must be able to understand Basic English to read an event contract for function details
- Before every event, make sure all facilities are clean and ready. This may include but not limited to sweeping, moping, garbage removal, etc.
- Perform routine cleaning and labor tasks
- Set up tables and chairs as per function contract specifications
- Place parking signs and safety parking cones as required
- Go over all aspects of the contract with guests to ensure a smooth event
- Maintain safety, order, and cleanliness
- Make sure the Park is secured and functioning normally
- Continually pick up trash around mansion, pavilion, ball field and other field areas of the Park
- Must not leave premises during working hours as assigned by the Town Administration
- Do a thorough sweep and mop after each event so that the park’s facility is clean and ready for the next event
- Assist in the supervision of events in which alcohol is served to maintain a safe environment for guests and staff